Color the Hill
Annual color run event to raise funds for local nonprofits
Goal: to brand and promote annual fundraiser event.
• Conceptualized and launched community-wide color run which was held for five years.
• Co-director responsible for growing event from 550 runners to over 1,000 and netting over $20,000 annually.
• Created branding and communications plan utilizing print and digital.
• Responsible for overall event management, fundraising, budget, registration, logistics, and media relations.
• Coordinated recruitment and training of 100 adult and student volunteers.
• Responsible for researching, purchasing, and designing promo items including t-shirts and sunglasses.
• Developed community partnerships with Chapel Hill Carrboro City Schools, UNC-CH's Drink for Tomorrow, and Be Loud! Sophie in order to better produce an event of this complexity.
• Solicited and cultivated relationships of sponsors to underwrite cost of event.